Saturday, 15 December 2012

Clothes Show Live 2012

Blogging for the second day in a row, this is a rare occurrence I know. But this post was inevitable. I mean how could I not post probably the most fashion orientated event I've ever been to?

 On Monday 10th December I went to 'The Clothes Show live' along with my textiles class (Perfect school trip right?). Oh and I know I should of done this post nearer the time, but school.

... Carrying on. Firstly we arrived at school at SIX O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING. Early starts are not my forte, but as I knew I would be in for a treat I decided that it didn't matter. Next we had a long old trip to Birmingham in a compact mini-bus (joys of a budgeted school trip). After four hours we arrived in, the below freezing, Birmingham. We could of been in Scotland for all we knew as we didn't actually see any of Birminham, not that we cared because we were at THE CLOTHES SHOW! 

Once Miss (our teacher) had done the boring 'meet here at...' and 'stay in groups of...' blah, blah, blah we were let loose for a bit. We entered the shopping hall and all that I could see upon me was an array of clothes, racks of them. Too be honest a lot of the clothes I saw I was a bit disappointed with, it was just cheap online stores really. It was definitely quantity over quality, and a lot of it just not my cup of tea.

We headed straight for the 'BINTM LIVE' cat walk show. I was a big fan of the most recent series, particularly because Whitney Port was a judge- love her. The show didn't fail to disappoint. It included all the final models wearing the the latest high street clothes. It was really great to see the models in the flesh, and stunning they (mostly) were.

After that we browsed the stalls and then headed to cue for the actual. The show was probably my favorite of the entire day. It involved a mix of dancing and a catwalk show with the models wearing a variety of different designers clothes, but I think the designers were pretty unknown- unfortunately. The show also included a lot of males prancing around the stage in just their boxers, so pretty ideal. It was based around the life of a magazine editor, specifically Anna Wintour I believe, so for me it was exactly what I love! The clothes shown on the catwalk were showing the trends for next season, so that was also exciting. Oh an Henry Holland presented and he is probably my favorite designer! 

Once the show had ended we quickly crammed in some lunch (cannot forget about food, ha) and then began some retail therapy. As I said before, the clothes weren't amazingly impressive but I did purchase I beautiful shirt from a teeny weeny vintage stall, I'm an impulse shopper and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. I also bought A Candy Kittens top. At £25 it was a complete rip off, but my love for Jamie Laing meant I just could not help my self. After that we just mooched about the place and bought a few gifts. Then it was the long journey home, I was glad to see my bed. 
AMAZING SHOW
 
VINTAGE 
 HOUSE OF HOLLAND
  CHARLIE SPEED
BINTM CLASS OF 2012
 PRACTICING TAKING CATWALK SHOTS FOR LATER IN LIFE. HAA


 
LOVE THAT OUTFIT BUT COULDN'T GET A GOOD SHOT :(

LOVED THESE SHOES

POOR QUALITY, BUT HENRY HOLLAND

'ANNA WINTOUR'

SOME REALLY AMAZING CLOTHES WERE SHOWN

HELLOOO

HIGHTLIGHT OF MY DAY

...AND AGAIN

OLIVE PALERMO LOOK ALIKE ON THE LEFT??

LOVED THESE UNIQUE PRINT AND DESIGNS THAT WERE SHOWN. 

I look miserable, but I wasn't!
Wearing:
Jacket: Beyond Retro (Sorry I always wear it)
Chequered Playsuit: Topshop (my baby)
Creepers: Asos (I also wear these LOADS, soz)


If you took the time to read that essay I worte above then, thanks. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. 
All in all I had an amazing day and I'm planning on returning next year!

Helena-Mae 
xxxxx



5 comments:

  1. Looks like interesting event to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi beautiful!

    I think that this post is really interesting...and i love ur pictures! do u want to follow each other? I'm already following u!

    xx from

    http://letoileduphare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your blog, because it's so interesting and it has beautiful pictures! Would you like to follow eachother? Just let me know :)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Share your opinions here my lovelies: